Information Collected by SlashCV.com(“SlashCV”)
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our SlashCV users:
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use SlashCV services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. SlashCV and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, SlashCV cookie information, and the page you requested. SlashCV uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- SlashCV may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While SlashCV will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
SlashCV is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. SlashCV may send out e-mails with SlashCV-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from SlashCV, which inform you of actions (e.g. password reset) that have been performed on the site.Please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Sharing Your Information
- Because SlashCV enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use SlashCV is an integral part of the SlashCV experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- SlashCV Personnel: SlashCV personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of SlashCV business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if SlashCV, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other SlashCV users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on SlashCV where we allow you to tell other SlashCV users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Edit Profile section of your User Profile.
- Syndication: SlashCV allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the SlashCV website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your SlashCV account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Conditions of Use